As a cutting machine operator, you manufacture precision components, usually made of metal, using methods such as turning, milling, drilling or grinding. To do this you usually work with CNC machine tools. You set them up and monitor the manufacturing process.
- Basic apprenticeship duration 3 ½ years, shortening to 2 ½ years is possible depending on performances.
- First of all you will be taught all necessary principles in the teaching workshop.
- After that you will learn the specific activities in the individual departments such as Design, Work Preparation, Mechanical Production, Metal/Electrical Stores, Repair Workshop, Quality Assurance and Technical Documentation.
- General Certificate of Secondary Education
- Good marks in mathematics and physics
- Tuition 1 to 2 times a week at the Carl-Miele-Berufskolleg in Gütersloh
- Internal tuition in the plant once a week, in which technical contents of the vocational school are prepared and followed up, examinations are intensively prepared for and basic commercial knowledge is imparted.
And after the apprenticeship?
A challenging, interesting job as a cutting machine operator – KUPER offers you many job and further education opportunities.
Please send your application documents by email to: